In the past week alone, to manage my clients and workers, I’ve made business calls to Montreal, Rio de Janeiro, San Diego, Malta, London, the Caribbean, Dubai, Boston, and Thailand. How do I do manage all these time zones? Espresso shots and power naps.
Today I invited Hassan Osman, an expert at managing remote teams and author of “Influencing Virtual Teams,” onto the show.
Want to learn how to better manage your remote work relationships, so you can build your business faster with less stress? Well, now’s your chance.
Hassan’s book is an Amazon #1 Bestseller in the Office Management, Outsourcing, and Office Automation categories. He’s also a senior program manager at Cisco Systems, where he’s been managing virtual teams for over ten years.
After reading Hassan’s book, I invited him to share his experience with us who run location-independent businesses and/or work remotely in order to better improve our processes and outsourcing systems.
Things we discuss in the interview:
- The most important thing to focus on to manage or lead effectively
- A simple strategy for hiring the best remote workers and virtual assistants
- Simple and straight-forward psychological secrets to persuade people to do what you want
- The #1 reason why so many remote work relationships fail
- How to decide WHAT to outsource, and when to start outsourcing
- How to apply the “5 Whys” to correct mistakes and make your systems more effective
- And much more!
Hassan is a wealth of knowledge and expertise in effective leadership management and shared a ton of great insights during the interview!
Free Gift to You:
Download Hassan’s free e-book to learn how to coordinate and schedule virtual team meetings across various time zones.
- Hassan’s book “Influencing Virtual Teams” now available on Amazon.
- Also check out Hassan’s blog at Part Time Webpreneur for a ton of great content on how he wrote and launched a best-selling Kindle ebook.
- Odesk – The world’s largest online marketplace for hiring freelancers and remote workers.
- Online Jobs – Job board and recruitment site for hiring online workers in the Philippines (the world’s 3rd largest English-speaking country, and a great location to find virtual assistants)
- Bolton Remote – Remote staffing agency that recruits remote workers for you, so you can focus on building your business.
- Jing – free screen recording software. Allows you to record and talk into videos and then paste a link in an e-mail or message, to communicate more easily with workers and clients.
- WebEx / Google Hangout – tools for video conferencing.
- Time and Date – View the local time and date across multiple timezones simultaneously
- Doodle – free web app for scheduling meetings with multiple parties