Grant Weherly is a friend and fellow world-romping digital nomad. We met during a rock climbing expedition in Northern Thailand, where he is currently based, and clicked immediately. Grant is also the author of the new book “Break the System,” and a location-independent consultant who makes his money through teaching products on platforms like Udemy.
Grant’s book breaks down, in simple and easy to understand steps, the path to location independence and financial independence. Two years ago, Grant sold all of his stuff, and booked a one-way ticket to the Philippines. It was a long-time in the making, and he made a bunch of mistakes on his path. Finally, after several months of trial and error, Grant began had one success… and another, until he finally “broke the system” in his own right.
A ton of great tips and insights were discussed during this interview (which I recorded while traveling in Malaysia’s Cameron Highlands – so my apologies for any background noise), including:
- How to start a life of adventure instead of a cubicle and tie – even with limited savings or income
- Digital nomad resources and forums
- Recognizing irrational fears and breaking them down
- How to mitigate the potential downfall from huge-life, changing risks and give yourself a runway (with an example from Richard Branson)
- How to deal with moments of doubt and uncertainty
- The key differentiator that separates financially successful creators from creators who fail
- Mistakes instructors make with Udemy that prevents them from earning money
- How Grant turned his failing Udemy course on curing ADHD around and turned it into a huge success (which ultimately launched his consulting career)
- How to price your products and services for maximum profit
- Why some entrepreneurs work in reverse…
- And a whole lot more!
Grant has put together some special bonus resources for listeners, including some guides to making money with Udemy, interviews with other location independent entrepreneurs, and more. Get it all for free here: www.grantweherley.com/openworldmag
Hope that you enjoy this interview, and thanks for listening!
Become a Friend of the Show: Please subscribe and review!
It just takes a second and you can help our show increase its ranking on iTunes just by this simple and quick gesture. We’d be grateful for a review. Leave one here.