Johnny Ward, the larger-than-life persona behind OneStep4Ward, is a successful location-independent entrepreneur, travel blogger, and digital nomad who has traveled to over 100 countries.
Johnny started out with a degree in finance and planned to begin a stable career after college. But after taking a brief trip to the US, the travel bug had bit… and his life was changed forever. He embarked on a new dream to travel forever and see the entire world. He made all kinds of crazy sacrifices, like enrolling in medical experiments to fund his dream. His motto is: “No half measures.” Fast forward several years, and Johnny is now a successful self-made man and owner of a growing online business empire.
During our interview, we discuss how he did it. Some of the things we talk about:
- A step-by-step outline to set up a successful, money-making travel blog (or any type of blog)
- How to build a brand, and acquire new business opportunities, leads, and clients virtually from anywhere in the world
- How to develop the habit of pushing past your comfort zone, so you can seize new and exciting opportunities
- How Johnny earns free tours and free stays at 5-star resorts (he was given a free stay at the Niyama resort in the Maldives to celebrate his 100th country, and he’s soon about to embark on a free cruise to Antarctica)
- The highlights and low points of his 8+ years of travel adventures
This was such an awesome interview that I was reluctant to post it for free… since I’ve also devoted a chapter to Johnny’s story and business in my forthcoming book. But Johnny and I talked it over and I agreed to post the entire full-length interview on my blog and podcast for free. Enjoy!