Welcome to another illustrious episode of the OpenWorld podcast! I’m super excited to have you join us. If you’re an author or interested in how to earn a serious living through self-publishing, then you are going to be absolutely blown away by this episode.
So many people say you can’t make money self-publishing books. That it’s just a business card, or a business building tool, and not a potential cash cow in itself. And there’s far too many “gurus” out there who just make money showing wannabe authors how to publish books.
Dave Chesson is completely debunking these stereotypes.
What I love about Dave is that through his blog, Kindlepreneur, he gives away some of the best resources and cutting-edge techniques to earn a serious living as an author, for free, that I’ve yet seen.
In fact, this has contributed largely to the success of Kindlepreneur.com, which in just one year he grew from 0 to 45,000 monthly visits (and I ask him how he did that as well!).
Oh, and he’s also earning a cool $8,000+ per month from the five books he’s published, so he walks his walk.
In this interview, I press him to reveal how he’s done it, and he didn’t shy away from sharing a ton of valuable nuggets.
• Lessons learned from being active-duty Navy and how that contributed to his business success.
• How to develop powerful habits and discipline so that success becomes inevitable.
• The secrets of Kindle SEO, probably the best long-term strategy to create a perpetual salestream of books!
• How he doubled sales of books for his friend Alex Barker simply by rewording the pages and optimizing them.
• How to assess competition and dominate a niche on Kindle.
• How to optimize your book listing keywords, to help your books gain more traffic.
• How to increase conversion rates, so that Amazon displays your books to more people.
• KDP Rocket, Dave’s new tool, which makes book idea research easy.
• Plus more!
Hope you enjoy this action-packed podcast as much as I did recording it. Dave joined us from Sri Lanka, whereas as I recorded from a hotel in Thailand.
Wherever you are in the world we’re completely dedicated to helping you succeed! Leave us a comment with your thoughts about the podcast!